Friday, January 14, 2011

Lasagna in the Crock Pot?

I saw Jerry Seinfeld's wife, Jessica, on Oprah several weeks back.  She has a new cookbook about cooking quick & healthy meals for your family instead of ordering take-out or picking up fast-food.  Personally, I go through spurts where I cook a lot and then go through times where I'm just not in the mood to cook.  Despite my cooking ruts, I do tend to make good use of my Crock Pot.  I LOVE cooking in my Crock-Pot!  I have several "go-to" recipes and I would say I probably use it almost one a week, year round!  But when I saw Jessica Simpson making LASAGNA in a Crock-Pot, I was taken aback!  Can you really make lasagna with it?  How does it turn out?  How do you get the lasagna OUT of the Crock-Pot?

Well, let me say, it was just as good as a regular lasagna and it was quite a bit easier to prepare as well!  You still have to brown your sausage or ground beef on the stove top.  And if you choose, you could still make your own tomato sauce.  But I went super easy and used bottled spaghetti sauce.  The thing that really makes it easier is using those non-boil lasagna noodles.  Although, breaking them so that they fit into a circular pot was a bit of a challenge (good thing I love putting puzzles together!)

 The house smelled great as it cooked and the only thing that took a bit of getting used to:  a triangular pieces of lasagna on my plate instead of a square piece!  I will definitely be making this again!  Jessica's recipe can be found on Oprah's website (here).  Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment