Saturday, August 13, 2011

Finally, a layout completed!

 I'm getting ready for my annual "Mommy Getaway Scrapbook Retreat Weekend". Which means frantically searching for photos & putting together page kits.  I've been meaning to do a layout for my son's baby book about his nursery. (Yes, I'm 4 years behind!!)  I already had the photos ready, along with a paint chip & fabric swatch.  So I found some cute airplane paper & then cut my title with my Cricut machine.
 I wanted an airplane behind my title, but wasn't sure how to go about that.  So off to the internet I went.  I found some airplane clip art images and was able to blow one up and print it.  I used it as a pattern & cut it out of black cardstock.  Then I cut vellum for the airplane windshield.
I used a journaling spot that looks like a postcard and made a tag to go in it that resembles an old luggage tag.  I even decided to use my own handwriting for the journaling! (gasp!)  I got so carried away that I ended up completing the entire layout in 2 evenings!  (That's pretty good for me & limited scrap time!)  I'm happy to say that with this layout, Ryan's baby book is now finished! I think it turned out "just plane cute!"

No comments:

Post a Comment