Thursday, July 29, 2010

Layout Using Robotz Cricut Cartridge

Yes, my son is 3 years old and his first year album is not quite finished! This was one of those layouts that has sat uncompleted for awhile. I was so happy to finish it last month! I got the new Robotz cartridge for my Cricut and thought I'd just crank out a few robots in no time. WRONG! I love the adorable little robots, but they are not quick to make! There are several layers to each one, so you have to kind of plan it out before you start cutting. Also, the bigger you make them the easier they will be to assemble. Mine had tiny little pieces that needed placing and glueing with tweezers! I added "rivets" with a silver pen and used googlie eyes to finish them off. By the third one I timed myself to see how fast I could cut him & put him together - would you believe 45 minutes! That means the other 2 took at least an hour each (probably more). I don't know how soon I'll be making little robots with my Cricut! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment