Sunday, January 15, 2012

Progress on my Project

 I've been enjoying working on my "Rock the Block" project!  I really love the Elemental paper - the patterns and colors really look great!  I've used the Cricut Philosophy Cartridge to cut out some hearts, covered the blocks with paper, and then used the exclusive stamp set to stamp flourishes and sayings.
 Cutting your photos can be tricky!  I had to cut a second picture of my son because on the first one, I cut his eye in half!  On this one, notice how I made a horizontal cut just below his eye - much better I think!
 While the blocks are designed so you can use a 4 x 6 photo, I ended up cutting this family photo down to 4 x 4 because I thought it was more visually pleasing.

 Since it will be a puzzle on my coffee table, I thought I'd add another "puzzling" element by cutting this heart in half and putting on two blocks.

So 3 sides down and 3 to go!  I am almost done with the 4th side, which is a picture of my daughter.  Then side 5 will have a picture of both kids together.  I have yet to finalize which photo I'll put on the last side.  I'll post again on the progress.  In the meantime, take a look at my previous post about this "Rock the Block" block & stamp set.  It's only available until January 31st!!

1 comment: