Tuesday, December 7, 2021

 

 

 


Winter Penguin Cards


The weather has started to turn cold, so I decided to pull out my Winter Penguins stamp set (Z3917) & try my hand at a penny slider card & a wobble card! I've been wanting to use this set since last winter and have also wanted to make a slider a card for just as long!

After embossing a piece of glacier cardstock with the Confetti embossing folder (Z3118), I random stamped some delicate snowflakes in glacier ink.  I used 2 metal dies from the Fancy Borders Thin Cuts set (Z3682) to mimic hills of snow.  All of those pieces were splattered with my clear Shimmer Brush (Z3293) to add a subtle shimmer.  The tops of the snowy hills were edged with Diamond Stickles (Z3563). I also added a dot of Diamond Stickles to the centers of the snowflakes!  

I made a channel for the penny to slide in using foam tape & added the skating penguin to the penny with a small round pop-dot. This made my penguin tumble & spin down the card, instead of slide.  Since I was using the "Sliding By to Say Thanks!" sentiment, I really wanted the penguin to slide.  So I took of the round pop dot & replaced it with a small piece of 1/4" foam tape. This insured that my penguin would stay steady in the channel & slid from side to side.  I used the Dark Red Tri-Blend marker (Z2497) on his scarf & on the sentiment.  Such a fun card! 

The second card is a 4.25 square card.  That size can still fit in an A2 envelope and won't cost more in postage, as most square cards will.  I used a snowflake embossing folder to emboss a 4 x 4 square of white daisy cardstock.  Then using the medium square from the Stitched Square Frames Thin Cuts (Z4259), I cut a square frame & layered it over a 3 x 3 piece of black & white checkered paper. I used a swirly die to cut a white swirl and added my sentiment on a 1/2" piece of dovetailed glacier cardstock.  After paper piecing a glacier scarf (cut from another penguin in the stamp set), I colored his hat and added more Diamond Stickles to the pom-pom.  Three snowflake sequins (Z4319) were added to the base, along with a wobble element to make this little penguin pop up & wobble!

Here are the cards in action:


 

Some of the items I used are retired, but here are links to the Close to My Heart products that can still be ordered:

Winter Penguins Stamp Set 

Fancy Borders Thin Cuts 

Clear Shimmer Brush

Diamond Stickles

Foam Tape

Dark Red Tri-Blend Marker

Stitched Square Frames Thin Cuts

Snowflake Loose Sequins

Card bases & Envelopes

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment